Monday, August 16, 2010

A bit about me... 
I grew up exploring the forests, swamps, creeks, and rivers of East Texas and Ouichita National Forest in Arkansas.  I was allowed to run wild and do what I pleased, and I was always drawn to the trees and the plants, I was at home in nature. 
Many of my early days were spent with my Great Grandmother 'Mama,' who knew the weather, the land, and the animals quite well. My family had lived in the same community for generations, and Mama had learned from her mother and grandmothers how to deliver babies, and be a healer in the community.  I absorbed everything she showed me, and had a very deep connection with her.  And yes, she made her own soap.
In 1998, as a single mama, I combined my knowledge of herbalism, soapmaking, and love for the beauty of nature to create my products.  I put myself through midwifery training and studied homeopathic medicine. I wanted to be able to stay at home with my children and make a living doing something that inspires creativity, supports a healthy lifestyle, and does not harm the environment.
It is very important to me that I maintain green living ethics, therefore this overflows into green business ethics. It all goes full circle. Supporting other work-at-home moms and dads is the best part, because we all share the same vision. Currently I am living in Portland,Oregon with my beautiful family and working hard to deepen my connection to the earth and the plants of the Pacific Northwest.  I hope that you will see my products as an extension of what I love, and that this love will flow into your life and bring you great happiness and joy!
Many Bright Blessings!
Shauna Spier
www.MamasHerbalSoaps.com

No comments:

Post a Comment